Web page fails to load when Telerik is used
The Telerik editor was used as the primary editor in DNN from 2009 to 2013. The Telerik failure error was usually caused by a failure to update the web.config file.
To fix this:
- Verify the Telerik.Web.UI.dll version from the website bin directory using Windows Explorer.
- Go to root directory of the website
- Expand the Bin folder
- Right click Telerik.Web.UI.dll and select properties
- Click the details Tab, Product Version should be 2010.03.1317.35
- If the .dll is not the correct version, you can get the latest from the Zip files:
- For upgrade.zip: \Install\Module\Telerik_<version>_Install.zip\bin\
- For install.zip: \bin\
- In Web.config, look for
<assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Web.UI" publicKeyToken="121fae78165ba3d4" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="2008.0.0.0-2020.0.0.0" newVersion="2010.03.1317.35" />
- Ensure that the Web.config has the newVersion set to the same as the .dll in your bin directory. Be aware that there will likely be several commented out bindingRedirect entries, the only one that counts is the one that is NOT commented out.
Restore your database and copy the upgrade package file into the root again so the upgrade can process correctly.
Did you get a clue?
If you got a clue and want to thank me, then visit the thank me page. It’s the best way to keep me publishing articles and keeping this site operation.
This site uses affiliate links. When you go to another site from here the link typically will have an affiliate code attached to it. Your actions on that site may earn a small commission for me. Read our affiliate link policy for more details.